Monday, November 1, 2010

Laneway housing

There seems to be some confusion with laneway housing and infill housing. The difference is in the zoning of the lot. laneway houses are designed to be built as rental or secondary unit in SINGLE FAMILY zoning RS-1 and RS-5. Infill units are designed to be strata-titled and sold off as a townhouse. These infills, often called coach houses, can be built in duplex and multifamily zoned neighbourhoods. I would also like to point out that there are guidelines on minimum lot size that can have a laneway house built on them. generally speaking a 33' wide lot is the minimum width that is eligible for a laneway house. If you would like to see the whole guidelines follow this

No comments:

Post a Comment