While the guys were sheeting the roof I actually spent two days carefully disassembling and re-assembling this eyebrow window. The original framing was a little hokey to say the least, with no window header and only a skewed double 2x6 header spanning the whole 9' opening. The lower part of the opening is now resting on a stud wall and the higher opening is supported by a new PSL Beam. I also added a curved header and 2x6 rafters. Its hard to tell from these pics but the window is in such a state of decay that the sill has been lashed and that when i removed the window the bottom fell off.
|eyebrow window exterior|
|eyebrow window interior|